Image Map

Monday, October 19, 2015

Current Obsessions

We had Parent-Teacher conferences last week in my district, so teachers had Friday off as a comp day.  The 3-day weekend was utterly fantastic, and I feel so accomplished and refreshed, ready to take on next week.  I'd vote for a 3-day weekend EVERY week...wouldn't we all be so much happier and productive? :)

The weekend was full of fun fall activities like pumpkin patching (that's a verb, right?) and Husker football watching (We finally won for once!), but perhaps the BEST thing about this weekend was that the cooler temps allowed me to wear some of my new fall clothes!  I also picked up one or two quite a few new items for fall while I was out and about on Friday and Saturday.

I picked up my sister from college in Lincoln on Friday morning, and we made a stop at the Gretna outlets on our way back to Omaha.  I loved the length of this chambray tunic (perfect with leggings), and we both really liked this red plaid flannel shirt for Husker games to wear underneath our black or herringbone quilted vests (we happen to have a lot of matching clothes).  

This is how I styled the tunic on Saturday:



 I purchased the scarf in this pic here (this color is currently sold out, but may restock), and the watch is Michael Kors.

After a Husker win on Saturday (finally!) my mom, sis and I were in a really good mood, so we decided to head out to Village Pointe for a little more shopping.  I was loving the chilly weather, since it was a great day to wear my new plaid scarf from JCrew Factory (sooooo soft!), Loft moto jacket, and DSW booties.






Find this cute Target doormat here.

I had REALLY good luck at Loft on Saturday!  This Lou & Grey tunic is super comfortable and can be easily dressed up for work with a pair of black or printed leggings and boots.  I couldn't find this color online, but find the striped version here.  

I had to snatch the polka dot blouse right away, since I was kicking myself for not buying the similar version last year. I love the Kate Spade-esque look to it, and can't wait to pair it with my hot pink cardigan or red skinny pants for school!  This color is unavailable online, but find the plush cream color here.




Whew!  I need to hand over my credit card for awhile.  I had WAY too much luck this weekend!  But it's all sooooo cute, right? ;)  Hmmm...I do actually have a way you could help me out.  Head on over to my new Instagram page @fashionistateacherscloset to check out some great deals on new and gently used items from my closet.


Have a great week, fashionistas!  Thanks for stopping by!

 post signature

1 comment: